article thumbnail

Book: Tulsa 1921

Feld Thoughts

Most of the surface level history I know comes from high school in Dallas (where, of course, we began with Texas history), a lifetime of museums, occasional TV documentaries, Wikipedia, or conversations. It included the willful destruction of what at the time was one of the most successful Black communities in America.

Tulsa 109
article thumbnail

The Flaming Lips and Economic Development

Gregg Fraley, Author of Jack's Notebook

As many of you know I’ve participated in the annual State of Creativity Forum in Oklahoma for several years. It’s in just a few weeks, so register, and make plans now to arrive in Oklahoma City for the March 31st one day event. Oklahoma City has turned the corner on talent exporting, let me explain.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Pitching America’s mayors

Austin Startup

Austin Mayor Steve Adler The event was kicked off by Austin Mayor Steve Adler and MCed by Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett. Of the people killed during police interactions in 2016, 25 percent had a known mental health issue.

article thumbnail

Looking for Funds in All the Right Places

Austin Startup

It is our hope that the lists we’ve compiled will serve as a guide to those in the startup community, including entrepreneurs looking for funding, investors looking for opportunities to invest, and non-local investors including individual investors, venture capital firms and LPs. Dr. Altounian earned his Ph.D.

article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Our community colleges are excellent as well, including the Alamo Colleges, Austin Community College, the Dallas College and the Lone Star Community College. In San Antonio we take great pride in our diverse, artistic, affordable and culturally rich community filled with a young and burgeoning creative class workforce.

Texas 90
article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. The breakdown: “Capturing conversation outside brand-owned channels is not a perfect science, but at the moment, Radian6 is leading the pack. It will allow us to track conversations about our brands and campaigns, spot trends in core content areas and identify key influencers that are connected to our brands.”

article thumbnail

How Best To Negotiate Your Time And The Time Of Others

YoungUpstarts

But one person in my network, a very powerful woman within the community, wouldn’t respond to my request. Conversely, when people make requests for your time, renegotiate better terms if you need them. Happily, most everyone agreed to my tour dates. One day, she was at the university for another meeting and stopped by my office.

Tulsa 182