article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #27: Eren Bali of Carbon Health on public health, COVID vaccinations, and working as a unified society to solve problems

Startup Lessons Learned

Eren Bali arrived in Silicon Valley from Turkey in 2010 hoping to relaunch Udemy , his online education company. Eren came to the US from Turkey to work at a Silicon Valley tech startup, which is actually where I first met him a few years ago. Here's my conversation with Eren Bali. Eren Bali : My name is Eren Bali.

article thumbnail

Join a conference simulcast near you

Startup Lessons Learned

One of the most important things we do with The Lean Startup Conference is make a livestream of the plenary talks available for free to groups around the world, supporting entrepreneurship communities everywhere. Past livestream attendees have reported great conversations and networking. They represent more than 10,000 people total.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Israel Innovation Roadtrip – 15 Startups Pitching for Funding

VC Cafe

event, following 14 similar ones in Israel, Turkey and Europe. In an interview the Boston Herald , Road Trip organizer Esther Loewy: “ No one expects to walk out with a check, but it initiates meaningful conversation, which usually results in follow-up ”. This is the firm’s first U.S. Superfly is like Mint for travel, but bigger.

article thumbnail

Will Online Marketing Help You Save Money?

Duct Tape Marketing

The list goes on and on, with a lot of acronyms thrown in, leading us to be involved in conversations that sound like a foreign language. But, I don’t suggest quitting traditional marketing cold turkey. Firstly, as always, understand your objectives: Are you trying online marketing to save money, help with branding, or generate sales?

article thumbnail

How to Compete Against Open Source Competition

Software By Rob

Luckily several thousand people have decided to stick around and join the conversation. If you’re going to pay a hefty licence fee, you want to do just as much, if not more, research before you lay your money down, lest you buy a turkey! #6 otherwise you will compete with the community of the whole world. #22 at 9:05 am [.]

article thumbnail

Transcript of The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One

Duct Tape Marketing

Even just the visibility of what roles are open, and how do I grow into them, and how do I have those conversations with my manager. I don’t have any plan to cut it off cold turkey just because I turn a certain age.”. Because it can be kind of scary to bring this stuff up.