article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Then, pluck the low-hanging fruit: easy, low-cost, and highly scalable infrastructure. Particularly when events are all virtual, this is an easy and low-cost way to build trusted relationships with the leaders in your space. Organize events in your vertical.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? See Also: Estimating Realistic Startup Costs. Our business in located on Country Club Drive and down the street from a large country club community.”. He wanted to stay rooted in his community in South Carolina. “My Is safety very important? The problem?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

When I was at RISD, I went to Rhode Island School of Design, there was this idea that was emerging called The Green Movement, the sustainability movement. The burden [should] just be that we care; that if we learn something, we improve it, and that we don’t only use single output metrics and its growth at all costs.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Rhode Island. Low Cost Franchises. Rhode Island. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. Mississippi. New Hampshire.

article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

When I was at RISD, I went to Rhode Island School of Design, there was this idea that was emerging called The Green Movement, the sustainability movement. The burden [should] just be that we care; that if we learn something, we improve it, and that we don’t only use single output metrics and its growth at all costs.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #7, Brian Chesky Part 1: running Airbnb in crisis mode, being multi-stakeholder, and re-founding the company

Startup Lessons Learned

I've known Brian Chesky, Co-Founder, CEO and Head of Community at Airbnb for a long time. Brian Chesky : I am Brian Chesky, co-founder, CEO, and head of community at Airbnb. That meant of course initially raising money and cutting costs. We have to manage our stakeholders, raise money, diversify our business, and cut costs."

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

We considered alternatives that included more common words but ended up inventing a word because all of our other options would have cost $3k-$10k to acquire the domain name. Our business began on the island of Block Island, Rhode Island. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Naming 102