article thumbnail

Launching a Portfolio Acceleration Platform at a Venture Capital or Private Equity Fund

David Teten

VC Platform community has grown approximately 120% in the last 3 years. Similarly, customer introductions are invaluable in the early days, but become less valuable once a company has a fully-formed go to market function.”. Customer Development. Requires ongoing management to keep community members engaged. . Advantages.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

It’s about being somewhere your customers will see you, about being in a competitive location, about staying within budget, and about meeting local and state regulations and laws. Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? He wanted to stay rooted in his community in South Carolina. “My

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

To order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers, use the Order Reprints tool at the bottom of any article or visit www.djreprints.com. Rhode Island. Rhode Island. Journal Community. Journal Community. Journal Community. SMALL BUSINESS. Mississippi.

article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

When I was at RISD, I went to Rhode Island School of Design, there was this idea that was emerging called The Green Movement, the sustainability movement. What’s the way that you make sure that the stakeholders, whether they’re communities and hosts and all the other folks, and what are some of the things you do?

article thumbnail

Brown University Talk

Steve Blank

One of the things I did was to speak to the startup community in Providence Rhode Island at Brown University. 20:10: Customer Development is an art. 20:10: Customer Development is an art. 37:34: Customer Discovery isn’t just a bunch of random conversations. The talk is here. 1:04:05: Failure sucks.

article thumbnail

What is an L3C?

Up and Running

The United Kingdom began using a similar structure in 2005, called a Community Interest Company. His organization, Americans for Community Development, provides detailed information about L3Cs, and you can find out more about the organization on their website. . In 2008 in the U.S.,

Vermont 106
article thumbnail

People-First Capitalism

Reid Hoffman

When I was at RISD, I went to Rhode Island School of Design, there was this idea that was emerging called The Green Movement, the sustainability movement. What’s the way that you make sure that the stakeholders, whether they’re communities and hosts and all the other folks, and what are some of the things you do?