article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Thanks to April Wier, Sugar Five Design ! #4- Owning my own business allows me to make decisions that best suit the community while taking my own needs into consideration. Thanks to Ashley Rose Marino, Ashley Marino Designs LLC ! #13- It is hard and painful, from time to time. That makes the sweet times even sweeter.

article thumbnail

“It’s hard to convey the impact seeing the work in person has on people” – Charity: Water’s Scott Harrison on Making a Difference

Hunter Walker

We came up with a different way of transparently handling public donations (the 100% model), cared deeply about design and storytelling, and wanted to hold ourselves accountable to effective work in the field (which at first was as simple as putting up all the photos and GPS of our water projects on Google earth and maps).

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“It’s hard to convey the impact seeing the work in person has on people” – Charity: Water’s Scott Harrison on Making a Difference

Hunter Walker

We came up with a different way of transparently handling public donations (the 100% model), cared deeply about design and storytelling, and wanted to hold ourselves accountable to effective work in the field (which at first was as simple as putting up all the photos and GPS of our water projects on Google earth and maps).

article thumbnail

Small Business Spotlight of the Week: Alfred Jorgensen Laboratory

crowdSPRING Blog

AJL supply these yeasts to breweries in the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, France, Spain, Brazil, Chile, USA, Canada, Australia, the Philippines, Korea, India, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Russia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, Greece, Belgium, Holland, Vi etnam, Germany and many other countries.