article thumbnail

How to Out Amazon, Amazon

Both Sides of the Table

and a differentiated feel in terms of fabric, design, sustainability, etc. Curation There are really multiple forms of “curation” that I think can build sustainable differentiation in products vs. the retailer that is selling them. but what if you need to do product discovery? Not so much. Get Physical!

Curation 296
article thumbnail

What Is a Benefit Corporation?

Up and Running

Bamboo Sushi in Portland, OR is both a benefit corporation and B corp certified. Fournier with detailed, guide-style information on starting a benefit corporation and the positive effects they can have on communities. Benefit corporations and B corp certification: What’s the difference? The Barnabas Effect is a book by Lisa R.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Future of Transportation

Feld Thoughts

As a feature differentiator, manufacturers will be eager to sell a profitable new option. Companies like Chris Anderson’s 3D Robotics have built, along with the open source community, the ArduPilot, a sub-$500 autopilot for unmanned drones. Greater convenience and the recapture of drive time will lead to strong consumer demand.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Tap Into the Subscription Economy

Duct Tape Marketing

” I ordered a CD from CD Baby, I think it was, and they sent the most hilarious shipping notice about the party they were having in downtown Portland, as they lovingly sent my package off to the post office. So what kind of community can you add to your service? So this is really building out your competitive differentiator.

article thumbnail

Which Are More Legible: Serif or Sans Serif Typefaces?

alexpoole.info

An argument has been raging for decades within the scientific and typographic communities on what seems a very insignificant issue: Do serifs contribute to the legibility of typefaces, and by definition, are sans serif typefaces less legible? Letter differentiation and rate of comprehension in reading. Introduction. Morris, R.