article thumbnail

10 Rules of Thumb for Startup Investment Valuation

Startup Professionals Musings

Once you have a potential investor excited about your team, your product, and your company, the investor will inevitably ask “What is your company’s valuation?” Many entrepreneurs stumble at this point, losing the deal or most of their ownership, by having no answer, saying “make me an offer,” or quoting an exorbitant number.

Valuation 270
article thumbnail

How and Why To Be an Angel Investor

David Teten

Angel investors are generally former entrepreneurs and/or executives, who invest in privately-held, early-stage companies. Villalobos & Payne: “Startup Pre-Money Valuation: The Keystone to Return on Investment” 117. Lastly, angels want to serve as mentors to the next generation of entrepreneurs.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Ways to Size Your Company’s Value for Funding

Once you have a potential investor excited about your team, your product, and your company, the investor will inevitably ask “What is your company’s valuation?” Many entrepreneurs stumble at this point, losing the deal or most of their ownership, by having no answer, saying “make me an offer,” or quoting an exorbitant number.

article thumbnail

Ten Components of Startup Valuation For Investors

Once you have a potential investor excited about your team, your product, and your company, the investor will inevitably ask “What is your company’s valuation?” Many entrepreneurs stumble at this point, losing the deal or most of their ownership, by having no answer, playing coy, or quoting an exorbitant number. Marty Zwilling.

Valuation 234
article thumbnail

10 Rules of Thumb for Startup Investment Valuation

Gust

Valuation 187
article thumbnail

LinkedIn: The Series A Fundraising Story ? AGILEVC

Agile VC

I also joke with Reid Hoffman that this was back in the days before he was “Reid” Reid’s an incredible entrepreneur, startup investor, and human being. round which closed in November 2003, and the pre-money valuation between $10 million and $15 million. It was a pretty good valuation for the time.

article thumbnail

ProfessorVC: Touched by an Angel

Professor VC

I think the title of this post is a TV show, but fitting as there has been much debate in the venture community as to the whether angel investors are good or bad for entrepreneurs and VCs. One group charges entrepreneurs "an administrative fee" to present to the group. Thursday, January 17, 2008. Touched by an Angel.