article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Reveal How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

Grant and I were thinking of the name for our company, we knew we wanted to include the word “equity” because that’s what we’re working to achieve through our innovative use of Virtual Reality technology to combat implicit bias. As soon as the name Equity Commons came to us, we knew it was perfect. White, Equity Commons ! #4-

Naming 138
article thumbnail

Best Practices for Nonprofit Civic Engagement

Board Effect

Nonprofits enhance civic engagement by encouraging community involvement, maintaining a sense of democracy, filling the gaps in governments services, and giving the community a voice. Provide learning opportunities where groups and individuals can learn about community issues and organizations before, during, and after events.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Diversity & Inclusion Events You Won’t Want To Miss At SXSW

Austin Startup

We're excited to be working with @theohubs to forge the path towards true diversity, equity and inclusion this @sxsw. The BGV Pitch Competition flips the traditional pitch competition on its head: allowing the audience to donate, eliminate the panel of judges, and empower the community (audience) to ask questions and vote for the winner.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I wanted to support the local community and stay in Thailand and I’ve been able to keep living abroad and traveling for the past three years. We do home equity funds without interest or monthly payments in exchange for sharing in the future upside/downside of home values. Thanks to Ryan O’Connor, One Tribe Apparel ! #11

article thumbnail

Best Web Analytics 2.0 Tools: Quantitative, Qualitative, Life Saving!

Occam's Razor

I do not have financial or equity or any other stake in any company mentioned in this blog post (except Google). You can get public feedback from their community of professionals (currently 8,000). You are not going to use all of them all at the same time (or with every client), but 1. it is good to know what is out there and 2.

Analytics 135
article thumbnail

Impact Investing: a time for problems to become opportunities

VC Cafe

Impact Investing has been around for a long time, most prominently since the 1960’s as companies and governments began engaging with the concept through private equity and debt investing in developing economies. Impact tech investors include Bridges Fund Managements, DBL, Accion, Elevar equity and Patamar, among others.