article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

I wanted a Ghanaian delicacy that I had grown up on ( I was born in Ghana), and that meant getting up and going to the only African shop in the city. This developed into another question: Even more, since there’s so much that goes on within the community, how can I know in one place, on my phone, what’s going on?—?in

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

It has opened the door to youth sports for kids in my community as well as eliminate the theft that occurs in youth sports that aren’t being monitored. For every bottle sold, we give 5 years of clean water to a person in Ghana (we’ve helped people in Namibia and Malawi in the past too!). So, that’s it!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[Interview] Nellie Mayshak, Founder Of Canaf Consulting Associates

YoungUpstarts

This is critical for the advance of their societies and economies, as well as for becoming productive, contributing members of the world community. Our reform work promoted poverty reduction strategies that stressed the criticality of small business and entrepreneurial ventures and innovation.

Liberia 124
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Thanks to Zachary Lezberg, Small Business Expo ! #10- As the co-founder of the Virtual Global Consultant (VGC) Group, I love the fact that we have created employment in underserved communities globally. We hope to create more as we grow our business and gain more success for our clients. Photo Credit: Gigi Stetler.