article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. Here in the U.S. InStove contributes both the technology for efficient stoves, and the means to create sustainable jobs. “Our Maryland was the first U.S.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

After 7 years, we now have over 50 properties under management and we were recently recognized by the Pacific Business News as the 10th fastest growing company in Hawaii. It has opened the door to youth sports for kids in my community as well as eliminate the theft that occurs in youth sports that aren’t being monitored.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Describe The BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) For Their Business?

Hearpreneur

We believe in collaborating with industry leaders, working with innovative companies and directly engaging with our community and audience to ensure we are building out valuable resources they can use daily to improve health & safety within their respective companies. Thanks to Brad Leahy, Green ! #7- Photo credit: Edgar Radjabli.

article thumbnail

What Is a Benefit Corporation?

Up and Running

Now, you can create a benefit corporation in: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington D.C., with many more states in the pending legislation phase.

article thumbnail

Immigration is Key to Entrepreneurial Economy

The Entrepreneurial Mind

we look within specific ethnic communities in the US, recent immigrants. rates of self-employment than native-born in these ethnic communities. York, New Jersey, Florida, and Hawaii. In addition to a "green card" for. out perform non-immigrants in economic achievements and have higher. Immigrant business.

article thumbnail

Transcript And MP3 Of My $180,000 Website Flipping Presentation

Entrepreneurs-Journey.com by Yaro Starak

It was 2003 or right about then, and I was walking across the Green Street Mall in Brisbane, thinking that I was no longer interested in Magic the Gathering as a card game. It’s just a forum, that’s all this is, a community forum with lots of people sharing an interest. That website gave me money to play with. Deciding to Sell.