article thumbnail

Upfront and the Power of Startup Community in LA

Feld Thoughts

I’m finally home after three solid weeks on the road which included Austin, Dallas, New York, Boston, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. It’s delightful to sit in my green zebra chair in Amy’s upstairs office, with a cup of tea, the Diana Krall channel playing on Pandora, and just catch up on stuff.

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- To build a community. I wanted to be a part of a community of consultants that would provide me with the opportunity to build relationships with other practitioners, share lessons learned, and periodically collaborate. Photo Credit: Sheryl Green.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My partner Denise lives outside of Philadelphia, and wanted more flexibility to be there for her children and grandchildren. It has opened the door to youth sports for kids in my community as well as eliminate the theft that occurs in youth sports that aren’t being monitored. With that, I created LeagueNetwork.com media.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How Meditation Can Change Your Life (and the World)

Duct Tape Marketing

And it gives it the green light to say, “Yes, this will work, let’s put it into the system.” We’re just going to keep playing it by year and keep having that experience for the community in that shared space. Tom Cronin: So, the first step would be trying to find somewhere in your local community.

article thumbnail

Volunteering in Costa Rica

David Cohen

The other is from Philadelphia, with a mom, dad, and 3 kids. It sounds like the work will be light construction on a community center this week. It’s a new community center, and has up only some of the outer framing. Great lunch, it was friend chicken tenders, rice and black beans, a green salsa, plantains, and fruit juice.