article thumbnail

A New Way to Teach Entrepreneurship – The Lean LaunchPad at Stanford: Class 1

Steve Blank

Could we even could find 40 Stanford graduate students interested in being guinea pigs for this new class? Over the quarter, teams of students would put the theory to work, using these tools to get out of the building and talk to customer/partners, etc. What if I was wrong? Would anyone even show up? to get hard-earned information.

Lean 298
article thumbnail

6 Creative Ways to Figure Out If You’ve Got a Good Business Idea

Up and Running

Since working in this collaborative environment with a community of talented professionals in other fields, she’s successfully started a web design studio and magazine. Grassroots campaigns usually refer to people getting out into their communities physically, to talk to people directly about an issue or cause. Go grassroots.

Guinea 155
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Techstars and The Nature Conservancy

Feld Thoughts

So has my partner Seth and his wife Greeley, who is currently a trustee on the TNC Colorado board. Amy went to Tanzania and Kenya in 2009 with TNC to increase capacity of TNC non-profit partners. We also support TNC’s work with indigenous women environmental community leaders in the Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea.

article thumbnail

14 Entrepreneurs Describe The BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals) For Their Business?

Hearpreneur

We believe in collaborating with industry leaders, working with innovative companies and directly engaging with our community and audience to ensure we are building out valuable resources they can use daily to improve health & safety within their respective companies. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

Reinventing the Office: How to Lose Fat and Increase Productivity at Work

David Teten

My partner John Frankel has a strong interest in architectural design, which the office also incorporates. We’re implementing an optional office-wide weekly lunch (BYOB–Bring Your Own Bag) that allows us to build community, as well as get exposure to different foods. Chair photo credit: watz ).

Product 166
article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

My grandfather was a successful business owner and mentored me at an early age as we partnered in a vegetable garden/retail business during the summer months. From being frustrated with my lack of trust in the system, something really amazing happened and we met all these wonderful placement partners and of course clients to help the animals!