article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Marvel’s fascinating turnaround story is no less than a heroic action story where the protagonist flips the scales at the last moment and arises like the phoenix, just like the many superheroes it helped become household names. This raised the company's name, despite all controversies. 9- Howard Schultz. 10- Elon Musk.

article thumbnail

Incentives in Venture Capital, Why You Should Avoid Your Competitors’ Investors, China’s Malaise, and More [link blog]

Hunter Walker

But, in the alleys, most of the improvised cafés and galleries that used to enliven the city have been cleared away, in the name of order; overhead, the race to build new skyscrapers, which attracted designers from around the world, has stalled. This summer, I had a drink with an intellectual I’ve known for years.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

Prior to founding Keen Home , Nayeem Hussain spent his career focusing on M&A, corporate development/strategy, and financial analysist, first at Prudential Financial and then at Loral Space & Communications. Will : … I want to focus on impacting my community and region as much as I possibly can. Orders increased.

article thumbnail

How Finding Your Purpose Can Build Your Business

YoungUpstarts

By implementing this objective through your company’s offering, you can add value to the community and establish the service your company provides the public. My company is an intellectual property holding company, but it ultimately aims to accelerate and regulate the utilization of regenerative technology.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

It was originally a holding company founded by William C. Henry Sy, the guy behind the world-famous SM Malls, is a household name in the Philippines. He has also been named CEO of the Shark Group, a brand consultancy firm. According to Statista, the company generated more than $863.1 Photo Credit: Ryan Jeffords.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Luxury Day Spa

Up and Running

She began by offering private rooms where men could get their nails groomed, labeling the services under guy-friendly names such as “Sports Pedicure” and “Man Hands Manicure.” The privacy helped to make the men feel much more comfortable and the names made it clear who she was targeting. Consider your operating hours.

article thumbnail

How Investors Are Increasing Their Returns Through Collaboration and Technology

David Teten

Mr. Lindzon has more than 20 years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses.