article thumbnail

How Individuals Are Turning To Franchising For Business Success

YoungUpstarts

Guests are already familiar with the brand, meaning it’s easier and faster to become ingrained in the community. She considered Wayback to be a throwback, back to when food was made properly and restaurants were pillars of the community. Another person who has seen success with Wayback is Tanya Bathija in Mastic Beach, New York.

article thumbnail

What is a Social Enterprise?

Up and Running

it is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, but because of its dedication to sustainability, it is now working with local communities to form separate stove manufacturing factories in their countries. Here in the U.S. InStove contributes both the technology for efficient stoves, and the means to create sustainable jobs. What about the rest of us?

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Choose a Business Location

Up and Running

Do you have access to an engaged community that is eager to help? Firstly, that being on Fifth Avenue is a must for any luxury company in New York. “If New York Wedding Cakes), Google will show you businesses that are located nearest to your precise location. Is safety very important? The problem?

article thumbnail

“Is Austin Racist?” Let’s Start There.

Austin Startup

My infatuation with Austin solidified when I set foot on campus at UT, the culmination of nearly a decade of life planning that started in middle school back in South Carolina with the pledge to my mom that I would find a way to get myself through college on scholarship.

Austin 90
article thumbnail

What Is a Benefit Corporation?

Up and Running

Now, you can create a benefit corporation in: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington D.C., The Barnabas Effect is a book by Lisa R.

article thumbnail

Top Social Media Measurement and Tracking Tools

www.foliomag.com

MediaPRO Community. Thanks for being part of the FOLIO: community. New Tech Automatically Optimizes Virtual Events for Any Device. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. North Carolina. South Carolina. South Dakota. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Loading… New York. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. North Carolina. South Carolina. South Dakota. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. North Carolina. South Carolina. South Dakota. Journal Community. Deutschland.