article thumbnail

Spolsky on Software on Both Sides of The Table

Both Sides of the Table

Sometime around 2003/04 my technology team turned me on to “Spolsky on Software&# a periodic newsletter served up blog style from Joel Spolsky of FogCreek Software, a maker of bug-tracking software. Blogs weren’t popularized yet so it was an oddity for me to read the founder of a software company spewing out advice.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Companies They Admire Most For Innovation

Hearpreneur

I was born without a left hand, and because Open Bionics innovated on affordable and sophisticated 3D printed prosthetics, my life has improved drastically, in big ways and small, and most importantly, I will be able to take better care of my daughter who is due in November. Located in St. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Business Travel Solutions You Haven't Thought Of

Transformify

When it comes to business travel, travel planning software applications are a valuable business investment. In addition, travel planning software offers greater flexibility for airline flights and accommodations. For example, sales and marketing staff of international companies should review options in overseas housing accommodations.

article thumbnail

Business Travel Solutions You Haven't Thought Of

Transformify

When it comes to business travel, travel planning software applications are a valuable business investment. In addition, travel planning software offers greater flexibility for airline flights and accommodations. For example, sales and marketing staff of international companies should review options in overseas housing accommodations.

article thumbnail

Austin Has a Street Harassment Problem

Austin Startup

I was first harassed while walking on the street with a female neighbor in St. Louis at the age of 12, by a man in a Jeep commenting on our developing figures. and to lose trust in their communities, leading to social isolation and poor mental health outcomes. This is all from the past few weeks alone.

Austin 53
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

fast.ai , the company he co-founded with Rachel Thomas and Sylvain Gugger is working to "radically democratize" deep learning by making it accessible to people beyond the tech world through courses, software and other methods. Enlitic builds machine learning-based software for radiologists that produces more accurate and faster assessments.

article thumbnail

An Extensive Guide To Web Form Usability

uxdesign.smashingmagazine.com

As Luke Wroblewski states in his book Web Form Design: Filling in the Blanks , every form exists for one of three main reasons: commerce, community or productivity. The above action buttons are found at the end of a lengthy form for enrolling in St. Louis Community College. Learn more on Coding: JavaScript & jQuery.

Web 102