Remove 2000 Remove Community Remove New York Remove Social Network
article thumbnail

What the Past Can Tell Us About the Future of Social Networking

Both Sides of the Table

I recently spoke at Caltech at the Caltech / MIT Enterprise Forum on “the future of social networking,&# the 30-minute video is here and the PowerPoint presentation is here on DocStoc ). What are the big trends that will drive the next phase of social networks? And so it goes with social networking.

article thumbnail

From Airbnb to TaskRabbit to Zimride, sharing is becoming big business

www.usatoday.com

By Todd Plitt, USA TODAY Neville Clubwala, a Taskrabbit worker in New York City, delivers cupcakes from Butter Lane bakery and champagne, to a recipient who received a promotion. The dot-com boom of early 2000 saw a proliferation of similar anything-at-your-service start-ups. Thats real money."

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 20 U.S. Tech Conferences Every Startup And SMB Should Check Out

YoungUpstarts

This three day conference has become the “must-attend” event for anyone who is active or new to the startup-community. GigaOM Structure aims tackle the challenge of understanding how to architect data centers, networks and applications along with the big questions emerging in computing and IT. GigaOM Structure.

Las Vegas 165
article thumbnail

5 Flocks Of Investors Looking For An Enticing Startup

Startup Professionals Musings

This is perhaps the most widely-used source of information on angel investor groups across the world, run by the “Father of Angel Investing in New York,” David Rose. AngelList has featured over 3 million businesses for potential investors in a format that is, effectively, a social network for entrepreneurs and angels.

article thumbnail

This Week in VC Episode 6 with @Jason Calacanis: Best One Yet

Both Sides of the Table

Next Wednesday we’ll have Dana Settle of Greycroft Partners, a New York / LA early-stage venture capital fund. Nevertheless, if you share too much in your funding process or meet too many VCs expect a certain amount of your ideas to spread around the startup community. Invidi is based in New York and founded in 2000.

Stealth 285
article thumbnail

Resources to Find Angel Funding

Business Plan Blog

Another option is to go straight to a network designed specifically for angel investors. Here are some of the largest and most successful: 1) Gust (formerly AngelSoft) – Run by the “Father of Angel Investing in New York”, David Rose. It is more of a social networking for raising equity.

article thumbnail

Transcript of Creating a Winning SEO Strategy

Duct Tape Marketing

I mean there’s probably 2000 words on that page, but then links off to in a very logical way. I lived in a little apartment in New York. I think they’re going to start rolling out features to make that a social network. It’s not just an internal link. I was there. Brian Dean: Cool. I could see it.

SEO 60