Remove 2010 Remove Community Remove Customer Development Remove Vertical
article thumbnail

Ardent War Story 5: The Best Marketers Are Engineers

Steve Blank

Some of these advisors from the academic community would work with our of VP of Engineering and help us solve specific technical problems. Other advisors provided marketing with industry-specific advice in our initial vertical markets (computational fluid dynamics, computational chemistry, finite element analysis, and petroleum engineering).

Engineer 214
article thumbnail

The Secret History of Silicon Valley Part V: Happy 100th Birthday.

Steve Blank

Berkeley Haas Business School was courageous enough to give me a forum teach the Customer Development Methodology. The formation of the military/industrial/university relationships during the Cold War and the relationship between Stanford and the intelligence community in particular, went on untold and out of sight.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Touching the Hot Stove – Experiential versus Theoretical Learning.

Steve Blank

Customer Development/Lean Startups In hindsight startups and the venture capital community left out the most important first step any startup ought to be doing – hypothesis testing in front of customers- from day one. It’s what my textbook on Customer Development describes. I was an idiot.

article thumbnail

Thanksgiving Day

Steve Blank

So no post today on entrepreneurship, Secret History of Silicon Valley, Customer Development, Lean Startups, etc. We try our best to give back to our community and country and always wonder – is it enough? Our friends who run the state park surrounding our ranch will join all of us for Thanksgiving dinner.

article thumbnail

Lies Entrepreneurs Tell Themselves « Steve Blank

Steve Blank

Filed under: Customer Development , Family/Career , Technology | Tagged: Steve Blank , Entrepreneurs , Tips for Startups « Am I a Founder? If you are ever interested in sharing your message with the start-up community in Atlanta, I would be more than happy to help. The Adventure of a Lifetime. Reply Michael F.

article thumbnail

Startup Tools

steveblank.com

Reply steveblank , on September 16, 2009 at 7:00 pm said: Greg, The Google Group “Lean Startup Circle&# at [link] is a wonderful repository of Customer Development/Lean Startup success and failure. It’s more reference material. Thus, these pages. I’ll add more as time goes on.

article thumbnail

Marching through quicksand

Startup Lessons Learned

Your creators should always have a simple way to talk to current and potential customers in any segment. Make it easy to “pilot&# new work with a test community of actively engaged readers, and provide a mechanism for measuring the impact of these pilots. Tell your Startup Visa story Speaking 2010: Webstock, GDC, Web 2.0,