Remove 2012 Remove Community Remove Management Remove Southern California
article thumbnail

Some Thoughts on Branding Startups and Communities

Both Sides of the Table

We threw a Launchpad LA dinner to bring the community together as we tend to do 6-10 times a year. Brad wrote up his answer here – you should read it because it’s very instructive for how I believe communities ought to think about naming conventions. ” That always stuck with me. That seems very Brad to me.

Community 304
article thumbnail

18 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

The Carson, California company employs about 800 people in its 4 Southern California plants. I co-founded CoverWallet with my friend, Inaki Berenguer, in 2015 after we saw firsthand the difficulties businesses face when it comes to managing insurance. Thanks to Robert Atallah, CedarLane Natural Foods ! #2

San Diego 115
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Silicon Beach emerges as a tech hotbed

www.usatoday.com

The Hollywood creativity has finally caught the technology wave," says Draper, managing director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson , which invested in early start-ups such as video-chat company Skype and electric-vehicle maker Tesla Motors. "It Sign up to get: Top viewed stories, photo galleries and community posts of the day. E-Newsletters.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Farm: Your Complete Guide to Success

Up and Running

To supplement this guide, I interviewed two experienced farm hands: Gregory Heilers, previously an assistant farm manager, and Dr. Cindy Jones, the owner of Colorado Aromatics, a small herb farm in Colorado. As of 2012, there were almost two million small farms in the U.S., Farm manager Greg Heilers says, “Meet your neighbors.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2018 – wonder and awe

Steve Blank

Six teams spoke to over 600 beneficiaries, stakeholders, requirements writers, program managers, warfighters, legal, security, customers, etc. Few consider opportunities to make the world safer with the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or other government agencies. Origins of the class. Hacking for Oceans.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery Business: The Complete 9 Step Guide (2019)

crowdSPRING Blog

Between 2012 and 2017, the number of craft breweries in the US jumped from 2,420 to 6,266 – that’s an increase of 159%! In fact, the craft beer community is an unusually welcoming one. The community shares information, ideas, and encouragement, making craft beer one of the most welcoming industries for newbies.