Remove Aggregator Remove Community Remove LP Remove Operations
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations. To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . We are also seeing technology evaluation as an increasingly important part of LP operational due diligence.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. are using AngelMob.co

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Conference Notes on Sourcing Deal Flow & Developing New Business for Private Equity

David Teten

Deal aggregation websites Increasing in popularity, trying to increase market efficiency. Riverside defines proprietary as any sale less than ~3 buyers involved Kinderhook looks for the “broken” auctions that didn’t get the right attention of the PE community. Zubin Avari, Charter Oak Equity LP Christopher A.

article thumbnail

What’s Your VC Tech Stack? Results from a Survey of Early-Stage VC Funds

David Teten

As a globally focused LP in early stage VC funds, we at Blue Future Partners have observed a growing trend of firms investing substantially in software tools, whether developing proprietary solutions or adopting off the shelf tools. However, 87% of our respondents don’t actively participate in any such community.

article thumbnail

Changes in Software & Venture Capital – Part 2 of 3

Both Sides of the Table

Open cloud led by Amazon with their AWS services drove total operating costs down by 90%. The LP Community Hasn’t Yet Caught Up. As I’ve started to get to know the other side of the VC industry lately (the people who invest in VC funds or “LPs&# ) one thing has occurred to me. I think some will do this.

article thumbnail

Soundbites from the Future – 2013

Start Up Blog

Like most politically important information, consumers will eventually get to be in control of their own aggregated data. Especially when the brand normally operate in an invisible category like washing powder. 1) Stay true at the base level and (2) increase the happiness of our community in the process.

Uruguay 123
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #26: Brian Armstrong of Coinbase on cryptocurrency, being mission-oriented, and institution building

Startup Lessons Learned

A few weeks ago, Coinbase , which facilitates buying, storing and purchasing cryptocurrency and also operates a cryptocurrency exchange, went public. Coinbase was founded in 2012 and operates a cryptocurrency exchange. Can institutions be totally distributed or should they be rooted and loyal to a certain community or geography?

IPO 113