Remove Business Model Remove Community Remove Curation Remove Vertical
article thumbnail

Requests for Startups in 2024

VC Cafe

Eliminating middlemen in healthcare – from using AI to automate repetitive human jobs to exploring new and better business models for providing care. Social Hybrid AI x human communities – messaging & social apps where bots are treated as equal citizens.

article thumbnail

Generative AI: Opportunity or the end of media as we know it?

VC Cafe

Initially, many publishers were slow to recognize the internet’s impact on their business model as distribution and the classifieds and ad worlds split – or what Ben Thompson calls the “ Great Unbundling ”. This not only fosters community but also reinstates the media’s role as a public square for democracy.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Platform thinking: How to disrupt Craigslist

The Next Web

Editor’s note: This is a guest post by Sangeet Paul Choudary, who analyzes business models for internet startups at his blog Platformed.info. Curation of content: The platform should have a mechanism for separating signal from noise. You can follow Sangeet on Twitter at @sanguit. But doesn’t the UI suck?

Curation 126
article thumbnail

Business models for ecommerce 2.0

The Equity Kicker

Proprietary selection (aka curation) – e.g. companies that build their brand and community around their product selection like Nastygal and Modcloth. Proprietary merchandise – e.g. vertically integrated retailers like Bonobos and WarbyParker.

eCommerce 120
article thumbnail

Accel APX conference: short take aways

Cracking the Code

We had around 300 attendees and our room at the Terra Gallery was packed.

API 48
article thumbnail

TECHSTARS AUSTIN KICKS OFF 2020 MENTORSHIP-DRIVEN ACCELERATOR CLASS, REVEALS 10 SELECTED STARTUPS

Austin Startup

This will be followed by an Investor Week starting March 9, where Techstars Austin will curate meetings with investors from all over the United States. EarBuds (Austin, TX) Jason Fox, CEO EarBuds allows people to listen along LIVE with their favorite music curators in key moments.

Austin 62
article thumbnail

“YouTube is still the only place where you can passively monetize your content” – Online Content Evolution From Awestruck’s Sarah Penna

Hunter Walker

That’s one of the things I had to get used to while at YouTube — that most of the friends I made from within the creative community would be a lot cooler than me. Sarah is known in LA and in the online video community, so I wanted my friends to get to know her as well. .