Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Entrepreneur Remove Nepal
article thumbnail

Top 3 Startup Winner: Digs

The Startup Magazine

FUND is a national connector of entrepreneurs, VCs, angel investors, and industry experts with a focus on deal flow and making connections. My co-founder (Chad Johnson) and I are both architecture graduates, so housing has always been a passion of ours. Team Info: Co-Founder: Pat McLoughlin. Thank you Digs.

Chad 110
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Being in love with your business, when you’re an entrepreneur, is even better. Although there are days when tossing in your hat seems like a viable option, remembering how much you love your “job” can quickly snap an entrepreneur out of that mentality. We asked some entrepreneurs what they loved about “being their own boss.”. #1-Pushing

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

An entrepreneur with a hot technology and venture-capital funding becomes a billionaire in his 20s. Failure often is harder on entrepreneurs who lose money that theyve borrowed on credit cards or from friends and relatives than it is on those who raised venture capital. Consider Daniel Dreymann, a founder of Goodmail Systems Inc.,

article thumbnail

The Story of Techbikers (You can Play a role too)

VC Cafe

A combination of wanting to do good and yearning to be part of a strong startup community in London. Since we started Techbikers in 2012, 120 techies cycled from Paris to London and we’ve raised over 100,000 pounds for Room to Read , creating 3 schools, 4 libraries and 3,000 scholarships for girls in India and Nepal. I needed help?—?and

Laos 138
article thumbnail

6/16: What's Mine Is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption

David Teten

But what if these institutions, valuable as they are, are just a transition state on the way to truly new modes of communication and exchange, and even a new emphasis on values other than profit-and-loss? Adam Berk, Founder of Neigh*borrow. Adam Black, Founder KeyWifi.com. Jeff Stewart, Founder of Lenddo.

Darfur 122