Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Lean Remove Term Sheet
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #19: Revolution Foods co-founders on feeding kids and families, being parent-entrepreneurs, and scaling food security innovations

Startup Lessons Learned

They were providing low-cost healthy meals for schools across the country and, before the crisis, were delivering two million federally reimbursable school and community meals per week nationwide. Here's my conversation with the founders of Revolution Foods. I'm the co founder and Chief Impact Officer at Revolution Foods.

article thumbnail

Corporate Venture Capital: Obligatory or Oxymoron?

David Teten

Previously she was Co-Founder and CEO of SNAZZ, a cloud-based event management platform. In either case, corporations have to set up their investment vehicles so that the venture capital community sees them as serious players. What are some of the unique benefits and constraints from the point of view of a founder? .

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Top 30 Startup Posts in June 2010

SoCal CTO

One of the highlights of my trip was a startup dinner which included Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson, the founders of 37signals. Pivoting - Chris Dixon , June 14, 2010 My Hunch cofounders and I frequently ask ourselves: “If we were to start over today, would we build our product the same way we had so far? Now I have.

Cofounder 175
article thumbnail

Investors Updating Their Investors: Inside Homebrew’s First Annual LP Meeting

Hunter Walker

We brief our major investors quarterly and decided to model our LP meeting after what “big funds” do, albeit with a few Homebrew flourishes :) Logistically this meant an afternoon session with presentations/Q&A then a dinner with founders/advisors. We love our founders. 2) Product Market Fit & Our Roadmap.

LP 96
article thumbnail

A conversation with Scott Kupor of Andreessen Horowitz, author and speaker at Lean Startup Conference 2019

Startup Lessons Learned

He’ll be speaking at this year’s Lean Startup Conference , and also has a new book (for which I very happily wrote a short foreword) coming out next month: Secrets of Sand Hill Road: Venture Capital and How to Get It. I’ve seen many founders not fully grasp how the venture capital business works and what incentives investors have.

Lean 108
article thumbnail

What a New VC’s Goals Look Like: Homebrew’s First Two Years

Hunter Walker

” I was told this several times about becoming a parent but the same can be true about the life of a founder. They don’t give me bonus credit for spending time with our founders daily, weekly, monthly. Overdeliver on the promises we made to founders we backed. #3 “The days are long but the years are short.”

article thumbnail

Why Capital Factory?

Austin Startup

I posed this question to FamigoGames co-founder Q Beck. In the selection process, I get the chance to meet with founders with varying motivations. In today’s bubble-like environment, many think they are going to emerge from a summer program with a fist-full of term sheets. Some of them will.