article thumbnail

5 ways to build company culture with a virtual team

The Next Web

While companies like Google instill a company culture through a giant, all-encompassing campus, that’s not so practical when you need to hire a designer in the Czech Republic and a social media expert in Chicago. Make them interact in their community (and benefit from their distance). However, that’s actually a great advantage.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Reveal What Entrepreneurship Means to Them

Hearpreneur

Being an entrepreneur is a source of pride. It is the ambition of an entrepreneur that built the most profitable and successful companies. And once you own the entrepreneur within, be careful… it’s highly addicting. I wear the title of entrepreneur as a badge of honor. 1 – Freedom. 4 – Power.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Startup Lessons Learned 2011 streaming live

Startup Lessons Learned

We struggle with this issue every year, because we strongly encourage everyone who can to participate with their local entrepreneurship community. Strengthening ties between entrepreneurs is one of our most important values. That said, there comes a point where that's not possible for everyone.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

My name is Fahad and for my 1st venture: Bay Street Brands which is a digital advertising agency that helped entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs build a social media brand I came up the name through where I live. After polling my community, the feedback was positive, so I made the switch and I’m very happy that I did.

Naming 64
article thumbnail

This Weekend

Startup Lessons Learned

The next couple of days are going to be amazing, as the Lean Startup community converges on San Francisco. If you're in town Saturday night, you'll want to stop by Ignite: Lean Startup , a community-run event that features a number of new voices in the Lean Startup community. Welcome to our fair city. Also: booze.

article thumbnail

29 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

We asked some entrepreneurs and business owners, why they started their businesses: #1- After the birth of my daughter. Sadly, many people in our society come from communities where they were never, or rarely, touched by their parents, family members, or friends or only experience touch through sex. Photo Credit: Lisa Cash Hanson.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.