article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

I started as a programmer, and then a database designer, and then a project manager, and I led conversion teams. It was all technical. She was paid much more than me and no matter how technical I was, they saw me as the business guy because I graduated with a degree in economics. Technical founder. You’re 42.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Smart Bear Live 7: More from AZ Disruptors

A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks

Let’s people sell premium digital content online without dealing with any of the technical stuff. So maybe if you found the smaller bands who are also really good at communicating with their community. And please tweet your thanks to Software Promotions for sponsoring Smart Bear Live! Jason: Right. So what is it really?

Cofounder 199
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

6 Ways to Recruit Talent for Startups

mashable.com

The mailing list works in two ways: Every two weeks the 10 most interesting listings are e-mailed to more than 40,000 startups on the “Help a Startup Out Digest” listserv, and every week the best technical listings are sent to the “Hackers Digest” listserv. Because there’s a fee to post jobs and resumes, there’s not much spam.

Coder 60
article thumbnail

The Ultimate Inventor’s Guide to Inventing Things

Up and Running

Blackbox cofounder Bjoern Lasse Herrmann says, “Too many startups start building first without talking to customers. They even have a community and a marketplace. Makexyz: This company pulls from a database of top-notch 3D printers. Remember, licensing an invention will require buy-in from the company you license your idea to.

article thumbnail

From Nothing To Something. How To Get There.

techcrunch.com

Post launch, if you gain traction, is where the business person will help take the load off of the technical folks. The business person can take all the meetings while the technical folks work on making the product better. Ron Oh and another factor to bring reality to the table - Sometimes you find out your cofounders suck.

article thumbnail

LinkedIn's Series B Pitch to Greylock: Pitch Advice for Entrepreneurs

reidhoffman.org

In old-school resume databases, most talented professionals didn’t want or need to participate. When you’re finding people on LinkedIn, you’re finding them through a network as opposed to a resume database. Put another way, the ideal financing partner is a financing cofounder. Jean-Luc showed deep technology capabilities.

article thumbnail

Episode 3: Smart Bear Live!

A Smart Bear: Startups and Marketing for Geeks

How cofounders can collaborate without going crazy. I feel like the bar has been raised so much in the last five years in the start up community and I’ve been busy working for a distinctly non-start up company. You may not have that data in the database. Mark: Actually, we’re a database of mining accidents.

Cofounder 208