article thumbnail

2022 Predictions

Eric Friedman

4/ Streaming equity – venture funds + employee stock becomes more liquid. The calculus is that if the stock is going to be worth a fortune, they are better off paying for expertise early vs. take a risk on early full time employees risking option pool, culture fit, and ramp time. cash + stock vs. FTEs.

article thumbnail

How to Divide Equity to Startup Founders, Advisors, and Employees

thinkspace.com

How to Divide Equity to Startup Founders, Advisors, and Employees. The part that I’d like to zero in on is when you’ve got a high growth company what are some of the best practices out there to distribute equity to the founders, advisors, and employees? Equity for Employees. Strike price of options: meaningless.

Equity 62
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

2021 Predictions

Eric Friedman

10/ Community is a moat. Yes, but it turns out physical spaces lost out this year and virtual spaces and communities won the day (year?). 4/ Streaming equity – venture funds + employee stock becomes more liquid. No, but close. 9/ MR (mixed reality) finds a killer use case. 2020 Prediction Results. Final score =.5.

Stock 120
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Point Nine Capital uses 15Five for continuous employee feedback. The Long Term Stock Exchange is building out a set of tools for founders for managing their cap tables, 409A valuations, cash on hand, options pool, investor relations, etc.

article thumbnail

Why I left Wall Street to figure it out.

Austin Startup

This developed into another question: Even more, since there’s so much that goes on within the community, how can I know in one place, on my phone, what’s going on?—?in in the African communities around me? No class, no community project, and certainly no job straight of college can teach you all this?—?or in one undertaking!

article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Employee Benefits. Back in 1997, Randy Parker was staring at a blank whiteboard, wondering where hed find the money to hire the employees and consultants he needed to build his new product. "We a 50-employee provider of e-marketing solutions to small and midsize businesses, based in Needham, Mass. "We

article thumbnail

When The VC Asks: About Your Hiring Plan

Hunter Walker

Excellence is always hard to find (and should be valued no matter what the discipline) but if you’re looking for someone with, for example, general online marketing skills, a junior visual designer or the first community support team hire, I consider it pretty low risk. Hiring a Head of Product as one of your first 10 employees?

Hiring 108