article thumbnail

This One Attribute Will Mold You Into A Stronger Leader

YoungUpstarts

This is because leaders fail to explain why changes matter, identify how employees can contribute, or ask for feedback. These plans tend to fizzle before they peak, leaving employees feeling undervalued. Connecting with people in your community to seek advice and remind yourself that you’re not alone.

St. Louis 159
article thumbnail

The 10 Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business in for 2016

Up and Running

Community Development Resources Nebraska. If you are interested in founding a traditional startup business but aren’t interested in moving to Silicon Valley, you might want to check out St. Coming in at number five overall as the best city to start a business in for 2016, St. Louis is a growing hub for startup activity.

St. Louis 105
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 American Cities That Want Your Business

Up and Running

Louis, Missouri. Alongside Dallas, St. Louis was also ranked an efficient city on the regulatory climate index. These sites can be invaluable to small business owners looking to share local information with potential clients and employees. and Monsanto in St.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. Boulder, CO. The companies out here, they’re rooting for each other.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

Everything had potential, but as an employee, my power to act upon the opportunities I saw was limited. 6- Gaining success for your employees. The best thing about being an entrepreneur is gaining success for your employees, not yourself. have lived in Prince Edward Island, New York, St. Louis and now Texas.

article thumbnail

How to Create Local Content for Local SEO

Duct Tape Marketing

While the majority of your content can be general and focused on your audience and how you can solve their problems, it’s important to sprinkle in some material that also focuses on your community. Talking about community, customer, and employee-related local news is a great way to mix up your local content in authentic ways.

SEO 74
article thumbnail

From Haitian Roots to a Silicon Valley Address: How Bianca St.Louis Is Building Her Rep & a Career in Tech

Hunter Walker

I learn a lot from Bianca St. I’d be surprised at how much I’ve fostered relationships and community with folks I looked up to and would read about. Often company employees are ignorant to the issues that individuals in trust roles come across unless there’s an incident – example Uber. what would a Branch 2.0