article thumbnail

Why The Government is Isn’t a Bigger Version of a Startup

Steve Blank

academia was engaged in weapon systems research for the Defense Department and intelligence community. Rather than focus the university inward on research, Terman took the radical step of encouraging Stanford professors and graduate students to start companies applying engineering to pressing military problems.

article thumbnail

What Rejected Cities Can Learn From Amazon’s Feedback And 15 Tips For Attracting Business Investment To Your Community) 

YoungUpstarts

by Quint Studer, author of “ Building A Vibrant Community: How Citizen-Powered Change Is Reshaping America “ Cities across America have been vying for the privilege of hosting Amazon’s $5 billion second headquarters, which is expected to bring with it up to 50,000 high-paying jobs. Have a dashboard.

Community 133
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

24 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

427 referred to the engine capacity. My wife, Sarah, surprised me with a trip to Kohler, Wisconsin, for my 40th birthday. On the way north from the Chicago suburbs to Wisconsin, I thought it would be a great idea to have my own PR firm. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. 12- My name and a word I love.

Naming 108
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain the Future Trends They See in Their Industry

Hearpreneur

Rather than depending just on SEO, marketers will need to optimize picture sitemaps and employ descriptive filenames for photos that are identified by search engines. Thanks to Ryne Lambert, Sell My House In Wisconsin ! #19- Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. The value of image alt-text is growing exponentially.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Engineering & Accounting Svcs. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Answers allows you to tap the knowledge of Community members. The language you used does not comply with community standards.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Software Development Engineer, Senior-IEB-Commercial Services (795929) Job -. Cheeseheads Choke It Down in Wisconsins Curd Capital. Journal Community. Journal Community. Journal Community. Why Register? Todays Paper. POST A JOB.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Brewery Business: The Complete 9 Step Guide (2019)

crowdSPRING Blog

In fact, the craft beer community is an unusually welcoming one. The community shares information, ideas, and encouragement, making craft beer one of the most welcoming industries for newbies. If you’re passionate about beer, and you’re ready to join the craft beer community, you’re in the right place.