article thumbnail

How to Raise Startup Funding from Unlikely Angel Investors

Up and Running

Angels invest in one out of every forty deals they review (2.5%) versus the one out of 400 by VC’s (0.25%). They are professionals with full-time jobs, who often don’t have time for due diligence (and may not even know how to do it) and often make decisions through trusted referrals or based on gut feelings (more on gut feelings later).

article thumbnail

How to Write a Business Plan for an Outpatient Medical Practice

Up and Running

If you’ve never written a business plan before, Bplans also offers a library of sample medical business plans that you can review or even download to use as a model. Gardner plans to open Ocean Lane Outpatient Care to serve smaller Oregon coastal communities scattered outside of major towns with major hospitals. Executive summary.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Want to Work for a Startup? 10 Questions to Ask Your Interviewer

mashable.com

Proceed — if at all — with extreme due diligence and caution. Whats your exit strategy? Before accepting an offer with a startup, ask what their exit strategy is, and make sure youre on board. is the largest independent online news site dedicated to covering digital culture, social media and technology.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

VCs tout themselves as frontier technology investors, but most are using the same infrastructure tools they have used for the past 20+ years: Excel and recent college grads searching Google. According to Knowledge.VC , under 5% of US VCs have a full-time team member focused on technology. . But we’re doing it slowly.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

When I met my now-wife, I realized that any technology that can find me a spouse is a killer app. I’d argue that the same type of technologies that have revolutionized dating can revolutionize our industry. . I walk through below how progressive investors are using technology and analytics throughout all of their operations.

article thumbnail

How To Find A Technical Cofounder For Your Online Business Idea

www.virtuosimedia.com

Community Resources. Home ▶ Businesses ▶ Startup Business Advice ▶ Current Page How To Find A Technical Cofounder For Your Online Business Idea. This article should also serve as a starting guide for programmers who are approached about becoming technical co-founders. Our Newsletters Contact Us. Our Vision.

article thumbnail

Will Work for Equity - Investing in Clients - Arizona Bay

www.inc.com

Join our community. Technology | Thursdays. Exit Strategies. Strategy and Planning. TECHNOLOGY. Technology. Strategy and Planning >. Like a venture capitalist reviewing business plans, he now weighs the potential of every company Arizona Bay works with. ); Login or signup. Forgot login

Arizona 40