article thumbnail

Why Gateway Accelerate Is A Great Choice For International Entrepreneurs

Feld Thoughts

On September 15, 2016, UMSL Accelerate joined the Global EIR network and began taking applications for its international accelerator program, Gateway Accelerate. The goal of this program is to contribute to St. I’m excited to have a Global EIR state besides Colorado in the middle of the country. With the help of the St.

article thumbnail

20 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Companies They Admire Most For Innovation

Hearpreneur

Located in St. Louis, they sell prescription safety eyewear to companies throughout the country. In 2020, the Nintendo Switch console reached the 50 million units sold threshold globally. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Thanks to Thomas Jepsen, Check4Lead ! #3-Complete 3-Complete Eye Safety. Think plump.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

10 Best Cities in the United States for Startups and Entrepreneurs (2018)

crowdSPRING Blog

The overall culture in Austin is renowned for its supportiveness of the small business community. The celebration for its unique culture and flourishing business community is very appealing, and many new startups are flocking to the city to embrace it as their own. Boulder, CO. The companies out here, they’re rooting for each other.

article thumbnail

Why Niche Start-Ups Are Making Waves In 2020

YoungUpstarts

Finding the right niche, and finding the community that this niche serves, is the way to make a small business a success. Neocova is a core banking start-up based in St. Louis that aims its services squarely at small banks and credit unions. Its investors include the Bank of St. Its investors include the Bank of St.

St. Louis 147
article thumbnail

Memphis-based Start Co. To Present 16 Startups At Demo Day

YoungUpstarts

“I’m looking forward to seeing this cohort of early stage entrepreneurs take the stage at the Orpheum Theater to showcase their work and share their experiences from the Summer of Acceleration with the community,” shared Mathews. The Honorable Edward B. teams were guided by Start Co.

Memphis 170
article thumbnail

The best nonprofit events board members should know about this year

Board Effect

Community engagement ideas: Board members are always looking for ways to engage with their communities, mobilize volunteers, and address their community’s unique needs. Events are a good place to learn more about community engagement initiatives. This year, the event will be held in St.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.