article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #22: Ron Klain on pandemic response and preparedness, entrepreneurship, and rebuilding trust in institutions

Startup Lessons Learned

We worked with the Chinese government to put U.S. When people say, "Well, who could've foreseen this," well, part of, I think, is we couldn’t have foreseen exactly how bad it's been because it was hard to foresee that our government would bungle this as badly as it did. experts inside the Chinese disease-response agency.

article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

4- Provide intelligence to the government and the public. Government and the American public. My parents came from Haiti to the United States and did not have in-depth knowledge of what was required to obtain financial freedom in this country. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Photo Credit: Everett Stern.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

For Example! My EG Conference Experience

The Startup Magazine

She reflected on a series of evocative photographs illustrating the crisis in Haiti and its aftermath, the plight of the Kosovo refugees, and other humanitarian disasters. In 2015, as a full-time mom, she took on the US government in her small town of Flint, Michigan.

Haiti 85
article thumbnail

This Week in the NYC Innovation Community – January 25, 2010

This is going to be BIG.

8AM Regulatory Scrutiny of Social Media: The Impact on PR Communicators in 2010 and Beyond. Join our panel of experts in media law, health care communications and digital/social media as we explore what this heightened government scrutiny may mean for PR practitioners, marketers and media strategists. Tuesday, January 26th.

Haiti 60
article thumbnail

50+ Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Name

Hearpreneur

It’s amazing that we’ve been able to provide careers for over 20 people in explaining a government benefit. After the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, I went to Haiti as part of a relief team. “Integrate” is part of the company name, but is also meaningful to how the agency works and approaches all client campaigns.

Naming 48
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 9: Jered Lawson and Chase Adam

Steve Blank

Jered Lawson discovered a passion for community farming while in college. He also worked in the Peace Corps in Costa Rica and helped start a national health program in Haiti. I got back to my little village and there was the indigenous government office about two miles away. If you can’t hear the clip, click here.

article thumbnail

This Week in NYC Innovation - February 22, 2010

This is going to be BIG.

Our high profile speakers come from the U.S.

Haiti 74