article thumbnail

The Cybersecurity Risk for Nonprofits and Fundraisers Is Increasing

Board Effect

Nonprofit Organizations and Fundraisers Have Many Assets to Protect Nonprofit organizations exist to create awareness of a cause and to help raise funds to make improvements for people and communities. Governments also sometimes fund charitable causes. Governance technology is also part of the solution to preventing cybercrime.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Applying Lean Startup Beyond Silicon Valley

Startup Lessons Learned

government fund and as Entrepreneur-In-Residence for the National Science Foundation. The Lean Startup community is very tight and well-organized. He leads Lean Startup workshops around the world, recently spending a lot of time in Singapore and Puerto Rico. Here’s what they had to say. But I notice that in the U.S

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #22: Ron Klain on pandemic response and preparedness, entrepreneurship, and rebuilding trust in institutions

Startup Lessons Learned

We worked with the Chinese government to put U.S. When people say, "Well, who could've foreseen this," well, part of, I think, is we couldn’t have foreseen exactly how bad it's been because it was hard to foresee that our government would bungle this as badly as it did. experts inside the Chinese disease-response agency.

article thumbnail

Make Election Day a Holiday: It’s the American Thing to Do

Reid Hoffman

Over time, we shifted from festive gatherings where people celebrated, listened to music, and voted publicly, by voice, to private polling booths and standardized, government-printed ballots. The proliferation of Voter ID requirements that disproportionately disenfranchise minority communities.

article thumbnail

The Complete Guide to SBA Loans

Up and Running

As an independent agency of the government, the SBA partners with both public and private organizations to deliver its services, including loans. Because loan guaranty requirements and practices are dependent on the US Government, changes to policies or economic conditions may change lending terms. Community Advantage Loans .

SBA 126
article thumbnail

Major Victory for Jewish Religious Pluralism in Israel: Reform and Conservative Conversions Will Finally Be Recognized by The State of Israel

Pascal's View

I am the product of an inter-faith marriage, and my mother completed a Reform conversion in Canada over 50 years ago; I grew up in a Conservative congregation in Puerto Rico; and I have been a leader in the Jewish Reform community in the San Francisco Bay Area for over 17 years. I am very gratified to see this day.