article thumbnail

Soundbites from the future

Start Up Blog

Unlike previous generations young Australians are participating in community activity, many of which do not involve any economic incentives. We are more interested in a niche fringe community than a mass event. The internet is trying to mimic the real world. The internet is in every second pocket. The stadium era is over.

Moldova 91
article thumbnail

Here’s What’s Driving Collaborative Consumption and Where the Market May Head Next

Both Sides of the Table

As I outlined in my talk, I believe the greatest Internet companies created over the past 15 years have been “deflationary” meaning they are driving down the prices or goods & services. billion page views making it the largest communities of artists in the world.

Syria 361
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Red Queen Problem – Innovation in the DoD and Intelligence Community

Steve Blank

Innovation, disruption, accelerators, have all become urgent buzzwords in the Department of Defense and Intelligence community. Our defense department and intelligence community owned proprietary advanced tools and technology. “…it takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place. ”. The Red Queen Alice in Wonderland.

Community 212
article thumbnail

The 8 Greatest Strengths Of Generation Y

YoungUpstarts

We children of the 80s began life in the “me” generation, and we came of age in the “we” generation of the Internet. Although the baby boomers certainly made their voices heard by the politicians of their day, they fell far short in community activism. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Libya 169
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Miscues Before Libya Assault 453 comments. INTERNET BUSINESSES. General Internet. - Computer And Internet. Internet Services. Miscues Before Libya Assault 453 comments. Journal Community. Opinion: Noonan: Romney Needs a New CEO 1086 comments. Headwinds for Romney in Latest Poll Results 1072 comments.

article thumbnail

Irene brings rain, flooding and end of news as we know it [#irene]

This is going to be BIG.

” The real news—the information I needed, cared about, and found relevant—as it turned out, was on the internet. The internet was pretty much the only way to find out whether you had to be evacuated. Ten years ago, we didn’t have a community online to turn to the way we do know. Is that journalism?”

Libya 129