article thumbnail

Here’s What’s Driving Collaborative Consumption and Where the Market May Head Next

Both Sides of the Table

As I outlined in my talk, I believe the greatest Internet companies created over the past 15 years have been “deflationary” meaning they are driving down the prices or goods & services. billion page views making it the largest communities of artists in the world. Think Tunia, Egypt, Syria and now Turkey.

Syria 361
article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy – The State Department Takes Notice

Steve Blank

Terrorists harnessing the internet to radicalize and recruit new members. We have stakeholders two or three times a day in the White House situation room, grappling with everything from the crisis in Syria to Ebola to the refugee crisis around the world,” he said. How do we bring some of these best practices over to academia?”

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hacking for Diplomacy – The State Department Takes Notice

Steve Blank

Terrorists harnessing the internet to radicalize and recruit new members. We have stakeholders two or three times a day in the White House situation room, grappling with everything from the crisis in Syria to Ebola to the refugee crisis around the world,” he said. How do we bring some of these best practices over to academia?”

article thumbnail

The Series A crunch is hitting now. Have we even noticed?

pandodaily.com

Pandora begs Congress to lower Internet music licensing rates. If you hear groveling at any point today, it’s likely remnants of Pandora execs speaking in front of Congress yesterday, where the company begged for legislation to lower music licensing fees for Internet radio. Syria shuts down Internet in attempt to quell uprising.

article thumbnail

Crisis Management for Lion Killers

Venture Chronicles

The story of the Dr. “Lion Slayer” Palmer is all over the internet and people are outraged, for good reason. Well done Internet… you have already surpassed the attention span of a #hashtag with this one. The Internet is a marvelous creation that engages and connects people throughout the world.

Syria 28
article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #2: Mark Cuban on putting people first, the Dallas Mavericks, and what we'll want on the other side

Startup Lessons Learned

They're going to look to see what impact you had in your community. 11:59) Giving people trust and autonomy and opening lines of communication as a leader, and how Mark's leadership has evolved. (14:16) 22:13) The way companies treat employees and customers and impact their communities now will them for decades to come.

Dallas 68
article thumbnail

Irene brings rain, flooding and end of news as we know it [#irene]

This is going to be BIG.

” The real news—the information I needed, cared about, and found relevant—as it turned out, was on the internet. The internet was pretty much the only way to find out whether you had to be evacuated. Ten years ago, we didn’t have a community online to turn to the way we do know. Is that journalism?”

Libya 129