article thumbnail

Who Should be on Your Startup Board?

Both Sides of the Table

If your metric move immediate up-and-to-the-right? The Limited Partners (LPs) who back funds don’t expect their dollars to be passive. If the CEO is popular in the community no VC wants to face the backlash in the community for firing a CEO unless it really is seen as the last resort. But it’s quite rare.

article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . A more efficient approach to fundraising than haphazard networking is to mine the data exhaust from the limited partner universe to identify those LPs most likely to find your fund attractive, and focus all your energy on them.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Flexible VC, a New Model for Companies Targeting Profitability

David Teten

(co-written with Jamie Finney, Founding Partner at Greater Colorado Venture Fund. His work on VC and small communities can be found at greatercolorado.vc/blog. This structure allows for alignment on the front end, and real-time flexibility for performance metrics,” says Samira Salman , a family office investor and advisor. .

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. 2) Raise capital.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

a “Bitcoin Fund”, a “Social Media Fund”, a “Nanotech Fund”), you’re going to raise capital from Limited Partners who are very focused on Theme X. They offer “Community as a Service,” by tapping the community (which is scalable), not just their own staff to support their companies. – Network.

article thumbnail

How to Get Superior Returns in Venture Capital

David Teten

a “Bitcoin Fund”, a “Social Media Fund”, a “Nanotech Fund”), you’re going to raise capital from Limited Partners who are very focused on Theme X. They offer “Community as a Service,” by tapping the community (which is scalable), not just their own staff to support their companies. – Network.

article thumbnail

Revenue-Based Investing: A New Option for Founders who Care About Control

David Teten

Ali Hamed, Managing Partner at CoVenture , said he views RBI VC as “sort of a mix between long-dated Merchant Cash Advance, and corporate credit where lenders are using revenue to predict the ability to service debt”. Inflection Community. Kauffman Foundation: Access to Capital for Entrepreneurs: Removing Barriers. Conferences.

Revenue 60