article thumbnail

The 10 Best U.S. Cities to Start a Business in for 2016

Up and Running

Grand Rapids is also home to StartGarden, a startup accelerator with the goal of turning Michigan into a flourishing business ecosystem. Oklahoma City, OK. Ranked third by WalletHub, Oklahoma City has also been found to be a great city for STEM professionals, entrepreneurial women, and small tech businesses. Lincoln, NE.

St. Louis 105
article thumbnail

Texas Startup Manifesto 2.0

Austin Startup

Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio form a massive startup Megalopolis that is attracting top talent, impact-focused investors, and the most innovative companies in the world. Startups and investors should treat Texas like one big city. These are all potential customers and strategic partners for startups.

Texas 90
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Looking for Funds in All the Right Places

Austin Startup

For investors outside of Austin and LPs: Austin is a a vibrant startup market and this list of capital sources can help you identify firms to co-invest with and funds to invest in. We’ve compiled a definitive list of sources of startup capital in Austin.

article thumbnail

If You Can’t Explain What You Do In A Paragraph, You’ve Got A Problem

Feld Thoughts

Entrepreneur: I just wanted to touch base with you and see if you are taking on new startups right now. I was in Oklahoma City earlier this week with the entrepreneurs at the Blueprint for Business accelerator (it’s a member of the Global Accelerator Network ).

article thumbnail

The 5 Best Cities to Start a Business

Business Plan Blog

As an aspiring entrepreneur, you will want to launch your startup in a fertile environment with ample funding and quality of life (for good employees and good prospects likely seek out this characteristic in determining where they will put down their roots). 5 – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 4 – Tulsa, Oklahoma.

article thumbnail

Resetting My Priorities

Feld Thoughts

After a week at home I hit the road again around the release of Startup Communities and spent almost all of October on the road, reaching Boise, Oklahoma City, Chicago, Des Moines, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Lexington, and Louisville. And I did it to myself.

article thumbnail

Pitching America’s mayors

Austin Startup

Startups make their case to mayors & tech leaders At SXSW, seven startups had the opportunity to pitch a group of mayors and tech leaders on their unique approaches to addressing civic challenges. Austin Mayor Steve Adler The event was kicked off by Austin Mayor Steve Adler and MCed by Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett.