article thumbnail

The Perils of Founder Fighting

Both Sides of the Table

I think as a tech industry we have bred a culture that places more emphasis on product excellence than managing human behavior. Of course it makes no sense to have great people management and a crappy product. One who wants to commercialize his product and start charging while the other prefers to not charge.

Founder 340
article thumbnail

How Businesses Can Be Sustainable And Profitable

The Startup Magazine

In some cities, such as Sacramento, this is already the case and has been for years. Microgrids can provide energy for individual businesses or small communities. Also, 73 percent of Americans are willing to cease purchasing products from companies that do not support the environment. Microgrids. Natural Disasters.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How To Build An Online Business Community That Markets For You

YoungUpstarts

One of the simplest and strongest methods to beef up the effectiveness of your campaign is building an online business community. An online business community is not just the number of followers on your Twitter account; it’s a network of people who care about what you are doing and what you represent. Try this 3-step method: 1.

Community 100
article thumbnail

Meet the Grand Prize Entrepreneurs of the BEC Boost

Up and Running

“With the winning money I decided to invest in creating a patent for my product and start the first steps of creating the first prototype,” Ismael said. “We’re so happy that the judges believed in the potential of our product as much as we do.” ” Meet Freja Nelson, 38, of Freja’s Foods.

article thumbnail

New Year, New & Improved NextView Accelerator

View from Seed

Time to set real goals, iterate through real product pushes, craft real go-to-market strategies, make real introductions to downstream investors, the list goes on and on. Think intimate practice pitch sessions featuring real-time feedback from the NextView team and the broader early-stage investment community.

article thumbnail

Startup Grind Turns the Tables on Mark Suster

Both Sides of the Table

She was president of the UJA in Sacramento – the United Jewish Appeal. Then she opened a bakery and a second bakery and then a restaurant – in Sacramento. So Mark, I want to build a great product. Does the entrepreneur come first, or does the product come first? She was originally a nurse and then she did nonprofit work.

Cofounder 337
article thumbnail

Champing At The Bit: Can You Pay Your Workers In Bitcoin?

YoungUpstarts

You can purchase bitcoins electronically and then use them to make payments and purchase products or services from companies accepting the currency, and the number of these companies continues to increase steadily. Ebbink is Of Counsel in the firm’s Sacramento, Calif. Its appeal is that it is completely decentralized. Benjamin M.