article thumbnail

Skills Development in Africa: How Wide is the Skills Gap?

Transformify

Those countries relying on agriculture or oil production tend to have high unemployment rates and wide skills gaps. The ‘’must have ingredients’’ of a strong start-up team are tech, product/project management, marketing, sales, and business/finance competences. Project/ Product Management.

Africa 75
article thumbnail

5 Questions for a CEO: Brett Jacobsen, Mount Vernon Presbyterian School

Jeff Hilimire

As a preschool through grade 12 community, students and staff members act and iterate through a set of common norms: start with questions not answers, fail up, share the well, assume the best, and have fun. Describe Mount Vernon Presbyterian School and why you’re passionate about it (and why you’re there).

Atlanta 55
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

3 Big Lessons From African Entrepreneurs

YoungUpstarts

Zenvus aims to eliminate extreme poverty in the developing world by improving crop yield and overall farming productivity using electronics and analytics to empower farmers. In Uganda and Zambia it’s as low as 15% saying it would stop them starting a business , whereas in the US this figure stands at 34%. Believe in yourself.

article thumbnail

My Water Pilgrimage:

Austin Startup

Charity: water works with local NGO’s on the ground to deploy capital and resources to directly impact those in need in rural communities. While we were not able to stay for the entire duration of the project, here’s what the final product would look like based on other projects that NEWAH and charity: water have done nearby.

Nepal 48
article thumbnail

16 Entrepreneurs Reveal What Entrepreneurship Means to Them

Hearpreneur

Soul Legacy Therapy is all about what are you wanting to be remembered for and how can you contribute to the community as a whole. Your ideas, products and services can literally bring change to an industry while the jobs you create can have such a positive impact on people’s lives. Thanks to Mawano Kambeu, Dot Com Zambia.

article thumbnail

15 Entrepreneurs Share Why They Love What They Do

Hearpreneur

It might be the products or the customers they deal with, or it could even be the fact that they are the ones in charge of it all. Being an entrepreneur means putting a piece of yourself into whatever you’re creating, so every day I feel like I’m personally developing along with my product. 1 – Rediscovering Myself.