article thumbnail

Understanding Different Types of Angel Investors

View from Seed

Investors in this category are usually operating executives who have spent their entire careers in a specific industry vertical, like internet travel, for example. Pros: Industry-insider who serves as a validator for the rest of the investment syndicate, extremely helpful advice and network connections. The Previous-Colleague Angel.

article thumbnail

The Twenty Year Itch: My Last VC Investment Out of Brooklyn Bridge Ventures

This is going to be BIG.

I’ll also continue to work within the NYC tech community—now thriving at a level I could hardly have imagined when I first got the pitch deck for USV’s first fund as a Limited Partner at the GM pension fund. To think, I almost didn’t take that 2004 meeting because it was a NYC-based fund. This is how Fred Wilson described me back in 2010.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Announcing Techstars AngelList Funds for Mentors and Alumni

Feld Thoughts

A key ingredient of Techstars accelerator programs is our experienced and engaged mentor community. As Techstars continues to selectively expand into new geographies and industry verticals, our mentors are important as ever. At Foundry Group, we learned a lot by running our own FG Angels syndicate.

article thumbnail

Introducing our latest investment: Mattermark – Big Data Comes to VC

Version One Ventures

Look across virtually any industry and you’ll see great examples where traditional spaces are being disrupted by software, access to data, and massive online communities. But with Mattermark, we can now leverage the vast amounts of publicly available data to identify the rising stars and compare them to other companies in their vertical.

article thumbnail

How Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors Are Eating Their Own Dogfood

David Teten

My colleagues Sebastian Soler , Steven Greenberg and I recently launched a new online community, PEVCTech.com , exclusively for PE/VC investors; engineers who work at PE/VC funds; and other technologists who specialize in working on this problem. to motivate their angel community to support their startups. are using AngelMob.co

article thumbnail

The Texas Startup Manifesto

Austin Startup

The time has come for the Texas startup community to band together to change the world once again. Capital Factory focuses on hosting community programming that educates and inspires entrepreneurs, programmers, designers, and community leaders. Our community colleges are excellent as well.

Texas 97
article thumbnail

VCs eating our own dog food: Using technology and analytics to make better investments

David Teten

To learn more about this space, I suggest join an online community I co-founded, PEVCTech. . Investors are also mining for leads such sources as: – product crowdfunding sites ( Indiegogo *); – tech communities ( Producthunt ); – angel group platforms ( Gust ); – expert networks (e.g., the Untouched Vertical.