Remove 2003 Remove Community Remove Distribution Remove New York
article thumbnail

Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City

Feld Thoughts

For now, the title is “ Startup Communities: Creating A Great Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your City.” I’ve also got a bunch of guest sections coming from all over the US (I’ve got a dozen so far) so as they come in, I’m trying to fit them in (which often generates a new, or different section). Government.

Community 142
article thumbnail

Five Questions with Mark Gerson

VC Cafe

I first met Mark in Israel in 2003, when he offered me a job at GLG straight out of college. VC Cafe: In my experience, a lot of secular Jews stay away from religion because they don’t know exactly how to engage with it or because they feel ‘excluded’ from the religious community. ” But he knew philosophy.

Africa 156
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

27 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

EightSixtySouth is the rebrand of Post+Beam, an innovation and communication agency that opened over 10 years ago in New York. When the decision was made to rebrand during the acquisition, I called on my team to determine what our new identity was going to be going forward. It was 2004 and my wife and I were in New York.

Naming 102
article thumbnail

Playing Startup

Agile VC

We started working nights and weekends in late 2002 when some of the founding team were wrapping up their prior day jobs and then everybody was full time on LinkedIn by January 2003. FWIW I do firmly believe that everyone deserves and should work towards finding work + life harmony as Brad Feld has described it.

Startup 188
article thumbnail

Behind Every Great Product

SVPG

However, the Mac community was also very vocal, with passionate fans of their platform, and is also important to note that this community had very little love for Microsoft. Of course, most of the Mac user base was not on new PowerMacs, they were on 'regular' Macs -- hardware upgrade cycles were much slower then.

Product 60
article thumbnail

Playing Startup

View from Seed

We started working nights and weekends in late 2002 when some of the founding team were wrapping up their prior day jobs and then everybody was full time on LinkedIn by January 2003. FWIW I do firmly believe that everyone deserves and should work towards finding work + life harmony as Brad Feld has described it.

Startup 120
article thumbnail

Playing Startup

Agile VC

Startup 100