Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Florida Remove Partner
article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

They're also dedicated to giving back to the community and their employees, who each receive three pints of ice cream per day. He envisioned a means for long-distance partners and team members to stay in touch when he founded the audio-visual cloud conferencing platform Zoom in 2011. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community.

article thumbnail

How Universities Can Help Students and Alumni Work in the Tech Industry

David Teten

My former Partner John Frankel of ff Venture Capital observes that 20 years ago, the defining movie of the generation was “Wall Street”. This is a topic we care a lot about, given HOF Capital’s long-term strategy for partnering with universities and my forthcoming book on “ hacking the university ”. “CEO is the new Analyst.”.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I initially started my PR firm in 2011 because I had graduated from college and was having a tough time finding a job. I then partnered with other PR firms in the US to assist and grow their client base and in turn, grew mine as well. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. Photo credit: Alli Rodriguez.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

The company raised $45 million in venture capital from firms including DCM, Emergence Capital Partners and Bessemer Venture Partners, and built partnerships with AOL Inc., and Verizon Communications Inc. In early 2011 an acquisition by a Fortune 500 company fell apart. the previous year. Comcast Corp., Of the 6,613 U.S.-based

article thumbnail

28 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Recently my wife and I took a just because trip to Florida to spend time with our parents. based company founded in 2011 on the basis of sharing my love of real roasted coffee with all people. Don’t forget to join our #IamCEO Community. I decide how much I work, when I work, and where I work. Photo Credit: Amy Hernandez again.

article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

The scene is the siren song of the innovation community. Clearly it'd be more accurate to say "sometime in Q1 2011." Naturally, a big part of the go-to-market includes partnering with other players in the market. The scene will kill you. If nothing changes, when will you run out of money? Maybe you could get v1.0

article thumbnail

“We are one of just 13 industrialized countries with a rising maternal mortality rate” – Christy Turlington Burns on Fighting for Healthy Mothers

Hunter Walker

How has this reality impacted the type of community building you do—does it make you more careful? The first three short films highlighted three states (New York, Florida, and Montana) and we will be releasing our 4 th installment profiling Louisiana on CNN.com in November. More fearless?