Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Cost Remove Fractional CTO
article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Technology | Thursdays. Should You Share Equity with Consultants? Science and Technology Technology. Back in 1997, Randy Parker was staring at a blank whiteboard, wondering where hed find the money to hire the employees and consultants he needed to build his new product. "We The 2011 Inc.

article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

1- I credit my co-founder. I credit my co-founder Eric Frothingham with coming up with our name. When I first incorporated my company back in 2009, the lawyers I had contracted with to trademark the company name and logo desperately tried to convince me to change the name. Photo Credit: Venkates Swaminathan.

Naming 102
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What is Sweat Equity Worth?

www.entrepreneur.com

Technology Technology Home Online Business Tools Security Phones & Mobile Gadgets Tech Tips Technology The Future of Facebook -- Streaming Live Now. This is the typical way that a founder determines sweat equity: foregone wages. Product Reviews Mindjet Connect Helps Small Businesses Visualize and Manage Projects.

article thumbnail

Scaling is Hard, Case Study: athenahealth

Seeing Both Sides

Among those competing for this vision are PayPal/eBay, Square and Groupon, with each struggling to pull together pieces of the equation and, importantly, reach the small business in a cost-efficient manner at scale. and Todd Park, a pair of Booz Allen consultants, as a physician practice management company for obstetrics.

article thumbnail

Product Launches: 5 Unexpected Lessons from the Real World

ConversionXL

Amazon’s Chief Technology Officer, Werner Vogels, summarizes the purpose of the press release: “Writing a press release up front clarifies how the world will see the product – not just how we think about it internally.”. Nichole Elizabeth DeMeré , a B2B SaaS consultant, lamented that. Test launch tiny products.

Product 110
article thumbnail

Top 57 Online Startups Meets Technology Meets Product Posts for November 2010

SoCal CTO

Equity-Only CTO and Equity-Only Developers - SoCal CTO , November 1, 2010 I had a recent email dialog with the founder of a company looking for a CTO for their startup. And I tried to evaluate the idea and figure out: What did the founder really need here? Was it a Startup Founder Developer Gap ? You got it.

article thumbnail

Episode 44: Communication and Credibility with Scott Spiro and Tony Lillios

Mike Michalowicz

Scott Spiro is founder and President of Computer Solutions Group, Inc (CSG), and author of the book “Hassle Free Computer Support”. CSG offers its clients both an outsourced Chief Technology Officer and an entire I.T. department for a fraction of the price of hiring these resources in-house. Tony Lillios.