Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove CTO Remove Equity
article thumbnail

What is Sweat Equity Worth?

www.entrepreneur.com

What is Sweat Equity Worth? Determining how to value sweat equity is key when negotiating with investors and employees. Entrepreneurs often ask me how to value the sweat equity invested in their startup. But over the years, I have come to realize that sweat equity isn't the same thing as market value for your startup.

article thumbnail

Amsterdam-based Rockstart Accelerator’s first graduates head to Silicon Valley

The Next Web

The accelerator, which counts Amazon CTO Werner Vogels among its startup mentors , will be showcasing its first batch of startups (see list below) in Silicon Valley on the 20th of September, followed by a panel discussion about “The Future of the European Startup Community” Sounds riveting!

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How I Found a Great CTO

www.huffingtonpost.com

Minted.com is both a global design community and stationery retailer. Independent graphic designers from all over the world submit designs to our ongoing design competitions, and Minteds community votes to tell us what to sell. Ive occasionally worked with executive recruiters, for example in hiring a CTO for my first company, Eve.com.

CTO 43
article thumbnail

Should You Share Equity with Consultants?

www.inc.com

Join our community. Technology | Thursdays. Should You Share Equity with Consultants? Science and Technology Technology. We had a rough time early on," says Parker, president and chief technology officer of Roving Software Inc. , But sharing equity can have pitfalls, too. Forgot login ?

article thumbnail

Venture Capital Funding and the Sexism You Can’t Quite Prove

Up and Running

To this day, although New Frontier Data has been successful, Aguirre de Carcer still feels the effects of biases against women that are often held by the business and tech communities. While private equity has a history in the U.S. According to Fortune , in 2006, female founders were involved in only 2.95

article thumbnail

‘The Future of Everything’: Chicago Booth’s Annual Conference, SeedCon

The Startup Magazine

On Friday, January 25, the entrepreneurial community at Chicago Booth looks forward to hosting their annual conference, SeedCon. Each year, SeedCon brings together hundreds of investors, founders, entrepreneurs and students from across Chicago and the country. Investors and Entrepreneurs.

Chicago 101
article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Praxis Labs

Austin Startup

Left to right: Heather Shen , CTO; Melina Lopez , CPO; and Elise Smith , CEO The Forrest Four-Cast: February 25, 2020 As the saying goes: Before you judge a person, walk a mile in their shoes. My co-founders and I all met at Stanford so Palo Alto is really where it all began. We joke that we were always running somewhere?