Remove Cofounder Remove Community Remove Michigan Remove Naming
article thumbnail

Why the Future of Tesla May Depend on Knowing What Happened to Billy Durant

Steve Blank

If you’re following Tesla, you might be interested to know that Sloan wasn’t the founder of GM. Where are the charitable foundations, business schools, and hospitals named after the founder of GM? The founder of what became General Motors was William (Billy) Durant. What Does GM Have to Do with Tesla And Elon Musk?

Michigan 268
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain How They Came Up With Their Business Names

Hearpreneur

What exactly is going to be the name of your business? Whatever the inspiration or relation may be, the naming of your business is one of the most important parts of becoming a CEO. When we set out to create a name for our business, we knew we had to set ourselves apart from other womens’ boutique swimwear.

Naming 118
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

SXSW Pitch Finalist: Hemafuse

Austin Startup

Carolyn Yarina , Co-Founder and CEO of Sisu Global Health. Yarina, Co-Founder and CEO of Sisu Global, was recently named to the Forbes 30 under 30 list for Healthcare, one of many awards the company has received for its work. My favorite thing about Baltimore is the community and the support.

article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

Bruno’s Barkin’ Biscuits, LLC is a small, home-based company in Michigan specializing in all-natural, preservative free, and healthy dog treats. I am the founder/coach of Never Settle Coaching, LLC a coaching business. So I cut the corporate cord and co-founded Finespun Clothing. 12 – It was Just Time.

article thumbnail

12 Terrific Coworking Spaces in Chicago

crowdSPRING Blog

Besides the financial benefits that sharing space provides, coworking offers access to networking and communities that can be invaluable to any new or growing business. This coworking space gets its name from the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, but not to commemorate the fire itself. 18 South Michigan Avenue, Floor 12. Suite 1212.

Chicago 60
article thumbnail

The 4 Commitments To Grow Your Reach Online

Duct Tape Marketing

She is the Founder and CEO of Weaving Influence. She's the founder and CEO of weaving influence, a full service marketing agency that specializes in digital and integrated marketing services and public relations for book offerers, including business leaders, coaches, trainers, speakers, and thought leaders. This is John Jantsch.

article thumbnail

In Silicon Valley, Founders Fight for Control

online.wsj.com

First Name. Create a profile for me in the Journal Community. Journal Community. Andreessen Horowitz is telling entrepreneurs it prefers situations where the founders have controlling stakes, reckoning that theyll be better able to resist outside distraction and focus on making great products. another account.