Remove Colorado Remove Community Remove Government Remove Lean
article thumbnail

Hacking for Defense @ Stanford 2021 Lessons Learned Presentations

Steve Blank

The trick is we use the same Lean LaunchPad / I-Corps curriculum — and the same class structure – experiential, hands-on– driven this time by a mission -model not a business model. I want to make my community, country or world a better place, while being challenged to solve some of the toughest problems.”.

Lean 394
article thumbnail

Startup Communities – Building Regional Clusters

Steve Blank

How to build regional entrepreneurial communities has just gotten it’s first “here’s how to do it” book. Feld’s thesis is that unlike the common wisdom, it is entrepreneurs that lead a startup community while everyone else feeds the community. They are not run by the government or any single organization.

Community 334
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Evolution of Entrepreneurial Education and Corporate Innovation

Steve Blank

Lean LaunchPad class developed for Stanford. And the Lean LaunchPad class I developed at Stanford was the first such class. The other change is that universities, instead of being passive, have become active in building an entrepreneurial community. Worth a read. Teaching basic entrepreneurial appreciation.

Incubator 331
article thumbnail

The National Day of Civic Hacking

Feld Thoughts

Over 5000 people in 87 locations will be joining up to use their talents to make their communities a better place. The National Day of Civic Hacking is the first of a yearly event created by the White House to gather Citizen Engineers and have them use newly accessible government data to improve their communities and our entire society.

Denver 137
article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

Distribution and use of this material are governed by our Subscriber Agreement and by copyright law. Harley Goes Lean to Build Hogs. Communications. Journal Community. Write to Deborah Gage at deborah.gage@dowjones.com. Copyright 2012 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. www.djreprints.com. Most Popular.

article thumbnail

Trump Would Hurt Innovation (& I’m With Her)

Hunter Walker

Personally, I’m committing time and dollars for the next four months to campaign for Hillary but also speak with and learn more about the local and national economic challenges many communities face. Eric Ries, Entrepreneur & Author, The Lean Startup. Brandon Pollack, Director of Global Affairs, 1776.

article thumbnail

Trump Would Hurt Innovation (& I’m With Her)

Hunter Walker

Personally, I’m committing time and dollars for the next four months to campaign for Hillary but also speak with and learn more about the local and national economic challenges many communities face. Eric Ries, Entrepreneur & Author, The Lean Startup. Brandon Pollack, Director of Global Affairs, 1776.