article thumbnail

Statisticians make the world go round

The Startup Magazine

Statistics are a science and refer to the art of learning and studying data. “As As a discipline, it is concerned with the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data, as well as the effective communication and presentation of results relying on data.”. Anyone can make an impact with a statistician career. Massachusetts, Boston.

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So plenty of dark bits, but also this weird discovery that you can create incredibly close connections with people that I've never met before and build a global community of people who want nothing more than to help save lives.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why (and how) you should let your customers do the advertising for you

Duct Tape Marketing

Hatchwise is a crowdsourced design community that has designed over a million different logos, websites and graphics of all kinds. Anytime a customer referred us it was because they thought we were awesome and they received nothing for doing it. I am currently CEO of a company I founded around 8 years ago: Hatchwise.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How to Turn Your Product Idea Into a Business

Duct Tape Marketing

Exactly, the prior product would have been a kind of clunky speedometer that had no connectivity to a community or to a manufacturer to your phone. So we try to crack that in terms of creating that community who give products the audience and visibility, and that just simply didn’t exist, we start the Grommet.

Product 61
article thumbnail

Episode 14: Be Your Own Boss, Restaurant Owners, and Friendliest Cities for Businesses | The Bcast

Up and Running

Basically what I’m trying to do is just paint the picture of what you you need to be successful in such a challenging industry and hopefully by recording these lessons and sharing them with other people we can create this community of support and everyone can learn together. We’re making “Metal Gear Solid” references here now.

Texas 60
article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Pamela Harvey (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. And it looks like a packaging label. Thanks, Pam!