article thumbnail

In Santa Fe We Wish We Had The Boulder Problems!

Feld Thoughts

There has been a lot of recent noise in Boulder about growth, challenges, and the impact of the tech community on the city. I love Santa Fe and I love New Mexico. Having a robust tech economy is what many communities like Santa Fe WISH they had. Places Boulder local Politics santa fe startup communities'

article thumbnail

The Energy Revolution is (Finally) Here

Version One Ventures

1) The cost of solar has fallen off a cliff . It’s been shocking to see how few people understand what’s happened with the cost of solar energy over the last decade and the impacts it will ultimately have on society. For context, the all-in cost of coal or natural gas is in the range of 6-7 cents / kWh.

Mexico 218
Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

Repaid 12-36 months with ability to prepay at reduced cost. Tyler Tringas, General Partner, observes, “Almost all of these new [RBI] forms of financing really only work for more mature companies (say $25-50k MRR and up) and there are still very few new options at the stage where we are investing.” Capital need of up to $1.5M

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

Boulder Shouldn’t Municipalize Its Energy Utility System

Feld Thoughts

Citizens and businesses would be wise to scrutinize this investment not just because of the millions that are being spent now, but more importantly because of the serious impact that potentially higher electricity prices could have on this community in the coming years. Why are we taking this considerable risk?

article thumbnail

Smells Like Money: The Business of Waste Management

Up and Running

I should have, but we didn’t, and it cost us a lot of money.” For Chuck Herb, the most satisfying aspect of what he does is “the feeling of helping other people and doing good in the community. When asked to name a time when his business struggled the most, Keith Ferguson quickly points to the economic recession.

article thumbnail

Transcript of How Meditation Can Change Your Life (and the World)

Duct Tape Marketing

He’s on the road right now touring with the film on his way to Taos, New Mexico as we record this. It costs them nothing. We’re just going to keep playing it by year and keep having that experience for the community in that shared space. So Tom, thanks for joining me. Tom Cronin: It’s good to be here.

article thumbnail

The Venture Capital Secret: 3 Out of 4 Start-Ups Fail

online.wsj.com

New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. Low Cost Franchises. New Hampshire. New Jersey. New Mexico. Journal Community. Journal Community. A community of WSJ readers interested in franchising news, trends and issues. Journal Community. Massachusetts.