article thumbnail

More Than Half of Employees Would Resign From Companies That Neglect Their Company Culture

The Startup Magazine

Every business wants to have the best employees, but keeping them can be a challenge. Although, by a company instilling a great workplace culture that satisfies all employees, it can provide to be a pathway to help enhance job satisfaction and reduce employee turnover. It develops a sense of community.

Employee 155
article thumbnail

21 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

It was originally a holding company founded by William C. They're also dedicated to giving back to the community and their employees, who each receive three pints of ice cream per day. According to Statista, the company generated more than $863.1 He puts a high value on his employees, and it pays out handsomely.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Ways To Cut Back On Employee Health Care Costs

YoungUpstarts

In early 2013, a national drugstore chain that required its employees to undergo physicals or face health insurance fines made national business news. Business owners can learn from this example to cut back on employee health care expenses without cutting back on health care itself. Required Physical. Healthy Snack Zone. Sports Games.

Cost 269
article thumbnail

30 Entrepreneurs Reveal Their Favorite Business or Entrepreneur Turnaround Story

Hearpreneur

Failing at that business, terminating my employees, and shutting the doors was the most challenging thing I had done. I admire Howard Schultz for using his thinking skills in taking over a company name where he previously worked as an employee. GM was first a holding company when it was established in 1908 by William C.

article thumbnail

15 Surprising Perks Employees Love

Up and Running

A happy team leads to a good product, so keeping your employees positive should make the top of your to-do list. Below, 15 founders from Young Entrepreneur Council share the surprising perks your employees might really care about. I never realized how much our employees loved and appreciated lunch until we skipped it for a week.

article thumbnail

What Does it Mean to Be a Socially Responsible Nonprofit Board?

Board Effect

The intent of the nonprofit design is to serve the public by delivering goods and services to communities that various levels of the government can’t or won’t provide to citizens. Most often, nonprofits serve their communities at little or no cost to the people they serve. Employee turnover. Employee wellness.

Cloud 98
article thumbnail

Entrepreneurs are Everywhere Show No. 20: Nayeem Hussain and Will Zell

Steve Blank

Prior to founding Keen Home , Nayeem Hussain spent his career focusing on M&A, corporate development/strategy, and financial analysist, first at Prudential Financial and then at Loral Space & Communications. whether that’s partners or employees that you bring on. You have investors … or directors and advisors.