article thumbnail

The Care And Feeding Of A Startup

YoungUpstarts

By comparison, Brian Morgan, who founded Adventure Life , from Missoula, Montana, started in 1998 with 16 employees and a decade later was earning $11 million after an initial investment capital of $3,000 spent on a laptop and two brochures. Participate in community events to expose people to your business.

Cofounder 100
article thumbnail

Now Is The Time To Prepare Your Business For A Natural Disaster

YoungUpstarts

Simultaneously, people in Oregon, Montana and Idaho are dealing with forest fires brought on by the driest conditions these states have seen in decades. Develop a communication plan for your organization. This may be the case for employees who have a disability and need help getting around. Know your staff.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

6 Things to Consider Before Entering a Market

Up and Running

For example, the farm and ranch real estate market in Montana is composed of a few large firms and hundreds of mom and pop shops, so it is very fragmented. Wages: Calculate how many employees you’ll need and how much you can afford to pay them. To minimize costs, look for used equipment. Being an entrepreneur is scary.

Marketing 111
article thumbnail

The Real Story Of America Is About Small

VC Adventure

In research for our upcoming book, we found that small business owners often inhabit the shrinking middle ground of politics in their communities. Now, with his wife, Claire, he owns a guide company in the Bob Marshall Wilderness of Montana. The loss of small businesses may be one answer. Trillion Of GDP.

America 92
article thumbnail

Who are the Major Revenue-Based Investing VCs?

David Teten

The mode purpose for funding is (in order of frequency) Sales, Marketing, Market Expansion, Product Development, and Hiring Employees. Jared Weitz, Founder & CEO, said, “[Our] typical RBF client is $120K-$20M in annual revenue, with 4-200 employees. The average monthly operating expenses is $70,335. Decathlon Capital.

Revenue 60
article thumbnail

What is an L3C?

Up and Running

The United Kingdom began using a similar structure in 2005, called a Community Interest Company. His organization, Americans for Community Development, provides detailed information about L3Cs, and you can find out more about the organization on their website. . In 2008 in the U.S.,

Vermont 106
article thumbnail

52 Entrepreneurs Explain Why They Started Their Business

Hearpreneur

I was driven by my desire for freedom and that’s what I got; along with an amazing opportunity to help transform my employees’ and my client’s lives through homeownership and real estate. And being from Montana, I also wanted a belt that could transition to all of my active lifestyle endeavors. And it’s simple.