article thumbnail

How to Use Frugal Innovation to Grow Your Startup

ReadWriteStart

As the global economic situation deteriorates amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine and soaring energy costs, many aspiring entrepreneurs might be tempted to give up and wait for better days. A frugal tap in Ghana. But don’t give up! It is true that founding a startup in times of crisis may look more challenging.

Startup 198
article thumbnail

3 Big Lessons From African Entrepreneurs

YoungUpstarts

It’s hardly a surprise then that according to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, African entrepreneurs score very highly on the self-confidence scale. In Africa if you take a risk and it goes wrong it can have a far greater impact on you, your employees and community.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Disrupting VC

thebarefootvc

I remember writing a blog post in 2008, post-financial crash, on how the recession was going to re-vitalize the city’s tech startup community, which would eventually help diversify the NYC economy. Startups are not immune to globalization and can accelerate growth if thinking globally from launch.

article thumbnail

NYC 3.0

thebarefootvc

Now that I’m back full time in NYC, I decided to run for the Board of NY Tech Meetup, a dynamic community of 20,000 entrepreneurs, investors, developers, designers and people interested in tech. Make no mistake: NYC has arrived solidly as major global tech hub. Below is my platform statement, which I am calling NYC 3.0:

Ghana 84
article thumbnail

25 Entrepreneurs Explain What They Love About Being An Entrepreneur

Hearpreneur

As the co-founder of the Virtual Global Consultant (VGC) Group, I love the fact that we have created employment in underserved communities globally. We are generating employment for countries such as the United States, Philippines, Canada, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Ghana and Nepal. 16-EVERYTHING!

article thumbnail

Out of the Crisis #11: Jeremy Howard on the power of masks, health policy, and data science in medicine

Startup Lessons Learned

Before that I was an equal partner in Kaggle, which is a popular data science competition community. So he said, "Okay, well you can look at all this human resources data for this mine in Ghana. So what would a randomized controlled trial for the impact of masks on community transmission look like? I was like, "I have no idea."