article thumbnail

Bridging the Gap: How Semantic Web can move into the mainstream through SXSW

Austin Startup

Personally, I believe that the Semantic Web will become mainstream in the next few years (I actually have a bet on this with some college friends). After reading the wonderful blogpost on the BBC’s dynamic semantic publishing system , it reminded me that the Semantic Web has two audiences: the common web user (my mom) and developers.

article thumbnail

26 Entrepreneurs Reveal The Industries That Are Ripe For Disruption

Hearpreneur

I've volunteered and worked for non-profits in a variety of countries on projects ranging from an organic olive oil operation to a permaculture demonstration site to a forestry project in western Guatemala's mountains. Variables like laggy web pages and repetitive payment confirmation pages create unnecessary friction.

Insiders

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Entrepreneurship as Community Builder

The Entrepreneurial Mind

It can help build communities. With donations from the community for funding, materials, equipment and time, the team began to implement its plan. More than 500 curious and excited students gathered to celebrate the grand opening and start the process of rebuilding the Union University community.

article thumbnail

The April cS Award and the March cS Award Winners!

crowdSPRING Blog

Back in 2011, we announced a monthly cS Award to honor quality work by designers and writers in the crowdSPRING community. We’d even be so bold as to say its just as wonderful as everything else available on the web. We’ll choose the 5 -10 finalists that we like the best and put them up for a community vote.

article thumbnail

Crazy! 189 Answers To The Top Startup Questions On Your Mind

maplebutter.com

Create a strong brand, solid social community, sell advertising. The only problem is I haven’t found a problem or an industry – web, enterprise software, green tech, etc – where I feel passionate. Startups: How to Communicate Traction to Investors [link]. When it comes to early stage investing – it’s all gut.

article thumbnail

12 Questions: Meet Pamela Harvey (USA)

crowdSPRING Blog

In our 12 Questions blog series, we feature interviews with someone from the crowdSPRING community. For these interviews, we pick people who add value to our community – in the blog, in the forums, in the projects. Plainly – activities that make crowdSPRING a better community. And I am now officially a web designer as well.